This post is dedicate to my two canine friends: Ruperta and Pancho
And here some tips on how you can improve your shoots:
- Be patient. Dogs and animals in general are very curious and trend to move very fast, so its not so easy to shoot as when you are shooting landscapes or objects without movement.
- Use fast shutter speed. By setting your camera in Manual mode or Speed priority you will control the speed. Try to shoot in very fast speed this will allow you to capture the pet in movement focusing just in the action.
- Use continuous shoot mode. Shoot many images per second, and the select the best, you can always delete all others.
- Use tricks or food to get the dog attention. Very useful to accommodate the dog to the place where the best background is…
- Shoot in a low aperture mode. This will allow you to focus in the pet and make the background blur.
- Select the best time of the day / Light is key in good photos. Try to shoot in the sunset or sunrise. This will give you some great color tones to your photos.
- Edit some photos in black and white. Edit trying to increase the blacks and the contrast, you can achieve very dramatic pictures.
Now you can buy some of my photos in the following link, if you can’t find the one that you like please let me know in the comments section or in my instagram (torobravophotography) and I will upload it, here the link;
Thanks, have a great weekend,